home
Blog

Thursday 14 April 2011


I am looking forward to tomorrow when as part of POST (a group of artists, myself included),we take possession of Unit 32 (at the back)

21-23 Tooting High Street,Tooting, London, SW17 0SN.


We will be working here intially for a period of four months using the space as an exhibition space/project space/studio/coffee lounge style discusssion with public space!!! So a lot going on!!! I'll keep this site posted as things develop.


My proposed use of the space is to create a textile installation. I love the area particularly the clothes and textile shops....there is an impressive sewing department store nearby!! I pass through it on my way to the print studios in Coldharbour lane. I am hoping that this project will give me the opportunity to work within the community using materials from local shops and using the expertise of visitors to the market that reflects something of the area. I will be photographing the installation as it progresses and posting images here.


We will also be launching a website soon which I will link to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment